Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's all in the approach.

Remember being a kid and deciding it was somehow a really good idea to show the person who was bigger than you that you were, in fact, in charge of the situation?

As you approached them with your "I am ready to prove my point" face on...you feel something placed ever so gently on your forehead as you stand just a few feet away swinging with all your might.

It is their hand holding you at a safe distance...for your sake...not theirs. You come at the situation with your best shots that catch more air than Shaun White at the X games. You repeat...over and over...and finally...

Exhaustion sets in.

The other side doesn't strike back...just waits you out, until you are ready to stop, and trust.

That sums up my view on how we approach life. We think that just bc we believe something to be a certain way, or at the very least it SHOULD BE a certain way...that if we puff our chest out far enough and swing with all we have...that we can change any circumstance, anytime.

In my experience...it just doesn't work that way.

Exhaustion sets in...reality check is delivered...and hopefully by this point we are ready to see the situation for what it is...not ours to control, and make choices that align with trusting the Lord that He alone is able to take on whatever it is that we are dealing with.

It's at that moment that I have found the most peace.

Not because I understand...quite honestly...many times I don't. Not because I have any more information now than I had before...but rather I am deferring to the only one that does. And not even because everything gets better instantly...because quite honestly it might not.

Maybe for the first time...or at least the first time in a long time I am ok having trust and faith in Him to carry me through whatever it is that I am going through.

Take the gloves off. The approach makes all the difference in the world.

I know it might be really hard...I've been there...but this time...

try 2 palms up, instead of 2 fists up.

Surrender...no matter what others may say...in this context...is the only way.

He can...He will...Pick you up.


With Expectancy,

The Zuke

No comments:

Post a Comment