Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Cooler" head prevails...

Back on the grocery kick for today...

I just stopped at the local circus...err...I mean "Mart that is large" to pick up 2 things I needed.

One of them was sour cream.

I found my way to the back of the store where the open cooler areas are that house said item (which, by the way, feel great to shop by when it is 90+ degrees outside). I picked up what I needed, turned around...and started to head for the cash register.

I looked down and noticed that the "best by" date was July 14, 2010. I wondered if I could do better...so I turned around and went back to the display. I put the one I had just picked up in the spot it started from...and then proceeded to reach a few rows back and grab a different one.

August 5, 2010 "best by" date.

Same product...or so one would think at first glance.

Their initial appearance is identical. It is not until you pick one up and turn it over that the difference is revealed.

I clearly left the store today with more value because I was willing to look a little closer at the product.

Consumers are smarter, thriftier and more discerning than ever before. If you think that they aren't turning your product over and you are just hoping they will take it because they "need" it...as is...

Well...

Its just a matter of time before you are looking at a shelf full of your expired product wondering why.

Newsflash...

Ignorance is not bliss.

With Expectancy,

The Zuke




No comments:

Post a Comment