Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wisdom from my Grandfather...

My grandfather passed away 6 years ago....but his legacy lives on. My wife handed me a folder of poems/thoughts that he had written to us over the years tonight.

I wanted to share one of the thoughts with all of you...

Some I know for sure are original...others he may have just passed along. This one, I believe, was one of the ones he passed along.

"Those who complain about the way the ball bounces are usually the ones who dropped it."

Love it.

Enuf said.

With Expectancy,

The Zuke

2 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy, I just read through your whole blog. Some very interesting stuff and funny experiences.

    Your grandfather was right and I will be the first to admit I have complained and also dropped the ball on many occasions.

    A question to you as you speak of very inspriational and motivating thoughts and heading on the premise "of course you can". Some things are easier said than done, not an excuse but fact.

    So my question to you is how do you overcome the fact that dreams do not always come true no matter how many risks are taken? I pray for peace in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are dreams...and there are callings. Personally...I have found that sometimes dreams get in the way of our callings. What we might be dreaming for might not be nearly as incredible as what we are being called to do.

    I may risk a lot to pursue a dream. It may never happen...and the whole time it was never my calling.

    You are a good man Joel...

    Pursue the calling...

    the peace is there...it's right next to the calling.

    Great to hear from you.

    Your brother...

    The Zuke

    ReplyDelete