Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Challenge You Today To...

Make this day feel different than yesterday...and make tomorrow that much more fun to top.

Instead of walking past someone sitting on a park bench and saying nothing...

Smile, and say hello as you pass by.

Maybe even buy them a cup of coffee.

Let me tell you a quick story...

Not too long ago I was driving past a local shopping mall area. At a few of the bigger intersections there were several people holding up rather large signs that advertised a going out of business sale for a big chain store.

The weather that day was a combination of cold, wet and sideways driving rain. Not exactly the type of weather you would want to be out in for 10 seconds...let alone 10 hours.

As I drove past one gentleman holding a sign...I noticed he had on a garbage bag as rain gear.

I couldn't take it. I had a few bucks in my pocket, so I pulled in to a local eatery and purchased a large cup of coffee...grabbed a bunch of sugars and creamers and proceeded to walk across the parking lot to go see this man.

When I came up on him I extended the coffee and said..."I don't know if you are a coffee drinker, but I thought this might warm you up having to stand out in this weather today."

The smile on his face was warm...he couldn't remove his heavy mittens fast enough to shake my hand...and I think I made a friend.

I may never see that man again...

But something tells me that when he can...when he sees someone that has a need he can meet...he will jump at the chance to meet it.

It's not a story to say...hey look at what I did...it is a reminder to all of us that we have a ton of opportunities everyday to make the world around us a better place.

So what are you waiting for?

Go make the world different today because you are caring for someone's need(s).


With Expectancy,

The Zuke


No comments:

Post a Comment