Thursday, June 17, 2010

Au Jus please...

It started as me grabbing a quick lunch before getting back to the yard work calling my name today.

Ever notice how great moments start rather inconspicuously? But I digress...

The roast beef sandwich, hot off the pizza stone, with a few guacamole flavored tortilla chips...and yes, the Au Jus.

I sat down on our porch next to guess who...yup...our 4 year old. It was in one of those tiny little chairs that makes you feel like the Jolly Green Giant when you sit in it, and wishing you had one of those medical alert necklaces you could pull for immediate help when you realize how hard it is to get out of them after 15 minutes.

I was eating my sandwich, took the first dip of the Au Jus and he says..."What's that?"

I reply...(everyone together now) "It's Au Jus". (Like that would clear things up)

He asks a bit more about what it is...I tell him it's for the sandwich...he tries it and likes it.

Now that is where the story ends...


Unless...

You are my 4 year old.

He proceeds to try his tortilla chip in it.

Then his cheese that momma cut into little squares for him.

And the best part?

Despite several attempts by me to avoid trying it...he insists that for everything he tries, I must also follow suit. We agree that the chip wasn't bad in it...but the cheese was a little funny tasting.

So the next time you want to stick with Wikipedia to keep within the strictest of definitions for something...( Roast Beef in Au Jus...something we all understand), be willing to take a risk(Guacamole flavored tortilla chip in the Au Jus).

You never know...you just might like it.

And if you like it you might share the idea with others.

Then they might like it.

And they tell their friends to try it.

They like it too.

That is what they call taking a risk...see how fun that is!

And you thought it would be better to just go through the motions where you are at?

You have a talent to use...go use it.

I can't wait to hear your stories...In the meantime...could you do me a favor?

Please pass the Au Jus.

Thanks.


With Expectancy,


The Zuke

No comments:

Post a Comment