Friday, June 11, 2010

Own It.

This is for all of you who are out there looking for a job.

If you find yourself in the less than employed circuit these days, it's time to put down your glass of "whine" and own the next step.

I'll be the first to say that this "process" is about as much fun as admitting you liked Vanilla Ice as a teenager. ( no, not me on that one. )

Here comes the but...

BUT...

It doesn't have to be that way.

I am going to run with the recent fan favorite in our house these days...

"Of course I can!"

When our 4 year old is told no to just about anything...his response is all we need to know about pursuing the passion that has long since been shoved aside in all of us...

"Of course I can."

I am going to leave you with a simple thought tonight...

Would you rather think about "that thing" you have always wanted to pursue as "I can't" or "I can."

Yeah...me too...

I can, and I will.

With Expectancy,

The Zuke

4 comments:

  1. So you're saying I can still make an NFL team as a 34 year old undrafted free agent??

    Of course I can!!! I'm gonna do it baby!! And I'll credit you in my R.O.Y. acceptance speech.

    With Expectancy,
    The Annihilator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zuke,
    What's the origin of the name "Zuke"?
    I'm in the Foodservice industry and we call zucchinis zukes. Any connection there?
    Yak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Yak,

    It actually came from a fantasy football team nickname. From the old phrase..."Gad Zukes!"...came the nickname The Zuke. Thanks for taking the time to check out the blog. I hope you have enjoyed the posts, and continue to check back when you can.

    The Zuke

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how and why I am in California. I had a dream and I went for it! I said "I can do that, I can be on TV" and I did. However, it wasn't that easy. Lot's of struggle and sacrifice. Still till this day even. The main thing is I made up my mind and went for it. No excuses or "what if's" Like Zuke said " I can and I will" Growing up in Buffalo I over heard alot of people always saying: "I wish I could do(insert job you would love to do)" Only to follow it up with and excuse of why they couldn't. So they continue to sit there, drink their beer and watch their dreams fade away into the bottom of that glass. Continuing to think "what if." There is an old saying: "Figure out what it is you love to do, then figure out a way to get paid for doing it." Lots of us are older now and have families. We may have to take any job to get the bills payed. That doesn't mean we have to give up on our dreams. Find time in your busy day to work on it. Balance the bill paying job with your dream job. If your passionate about something you'll find the time. Take the first step and little by little those steps will grow. Main thing is just start! "When you set your mind to it, there's nothing you can't do!" Embrace the journey, work through the struggles, fall flat on your face...then get up and continue on. No excuses or "what if's" LIVE YOUR DREAMS!

    ReplyDelete