Monday, June 14, 2010

There was this time when...

The ball left my foot.

I hope you don't think that the purpose of this blog is to tell you all the ways that you can go after your passions as I sit somewhere with my feet propped up in a recliner not going after mine.

I have had the incredible opportunity to coach soccer off and on, when I could squeeze it in, over the years. But none more than this past year.

You know how that happened? I drove in my driveway at a little after 5pm on a Friday afternoon in late August of last year...after a long day at a job that was draining the very life from me. ( story for another day ) I walked to the backyard where my wife and kids were...and told her I had an errand to run.

I got right back in my car...and drove to our local college athletic facility, where I hoped to see the head coach of the men's soccer team.

To apply for a job?...No.

I told him I needed to coach...I was good at it, had experience playing and coaching...and before he could finish his sentence about how he couldn't pay me...I let him know quickly...I wasn't there for money...just to coach.

Long story short...he was out a goalkeepers coach.

Guess who was a college goalkeeper?

You are catching on.

I am going into my second season there now...and my passion has an outlet.

So what door are you going to knock on today, because you can't take it anymore...because you have something that you are great at that you need to share with others.

Still nervous?

That's OK...A little edge is a good thing...but don't let it be the excuse not to knock on the door.

And if they are not there today? ( see: "excuse" )

Go back tomorrow.


With Expectancy,

The Zuke

No comments:

Post a Comment